Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Serving Greater Richmond

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes engages coaches and athletes to grow in their faith and sport.

Get In Touch

The New Capital Region FCA

There are several exciting changes that are happening in our ministry area.

After serving as an Area Director for 14 years of working with staff to minister to and through coaches to reach athletes for Jesus Christ, Michael Stock has transitioned to minister to and through donors and volunteers to help Directors around Virginia expand their ministry teams. That is being done by creating consistent and clear communication strategies to strengthen donor development and stewardship initiatives, and Board recruitment and retention programs. While still living in Richmond with his wife and son, he now reports directly to Derrick Ellison, the Virginia State Director. “My wife Cindy and I have been blessed to serve with FCA, have our son Noel grow-up in FCA, and now to continue our journey with FCA in this new role,” reflected Michael.

If you want to learn more about Michael Stock’s new ministry you can link here.

Meet Drew van Esselstyn–the new Capital Region Director


 Drew has been serving FCA full time since 2015 as the Multi Area Director in northern New Jersey. Drew and his wife Nicole have been married since August 1995 and they have two children Abby and Dalton. They are thrilled that this opportunity will bring them closer to family in Virginia.

The FCA volunteer search committee was excited by the vision that Drew shared for the Capital Region and each strongly recommended him for this role. “We believe his strong faith in Christ, desire for excellence in relationships with donors and deep conviction to advance the ministry by hiring staff will allow Drew to thrive in his role. His desire to see the power of sport bring people into relationship with Christ will drive his leadership and grow the region,” shared Derrick Ellison, Virginia State Director.

Join me in celebrating Drew and Nicole in their new role in FCA and commit to pray for them as they seek the Lord's guidance and favor in this new journey.

You can still support FCA locally for Drew and his team. To make online donations link here.

Kevin Wood, Area Representative North Chesterfield

Kevin serves Coaches and Athletes on middle and high school Campuses in North Chesterfield County.  There are 13 Campuses in this area.  You can visit his my FCA page under our Share a Gift tab.

Contact Kevin
Cell: 804.337.2162
Email: Kevin



FCA-CapitalVA-map-030819

Overview of FCA Capital Region

The ministry area includes 15 Counties and the City of Richmond, and includes over 100 Campuses plus hundreds of club and recreation sport teams.

Greater Richmond FCA is part of a national ministry that has a local budget for revenue and expenses.  89% of gifts made locally stay local.  The other 11% is retained by the National Support Center for Field Staff support services (accounting, website, database, insurance, etc.)  Should you or your financial advisors need information on FCA national reports, please see the forms below or contact our office.
FCA 990
FCA Audit Form 
FCA is 100% faith funded ministry.  FCA receives no state or federal funds, but relies on individuals, businesses and churches who are called to come into partnership to advance the vision of FCA - "to impact the world for Jesus Christ through the influence of Athletes and Coaches."